Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crispy Fried

I woke up this morning quite miserable to be honest. You see, usually on Sunday mornings, getting up for Sunday School is one of the hardest tasks of the day. But this Sunday, my orange bamboo sheets felt like glass scraping across my skin...getting out of bed was a welcome relief. Yesterday, Andrew and I spent the day at the beach. We both needed a relaxing day to do nothing but lay in the sun, enjoy the cool water, get a nice lunch, read a book...do nothing. Now normally, I dont burn. I inherited my dad's bronze tanning Hispanic skin so sunscreen is always an afterthought when I got out into the sun. So why was my morning miserable with sheets that might as well have been a bed of thorns? The day before I went to the tanning bed (cause let's face it...I hate tan lines and try to avoid them at all costs) I also bought tanning "oil" to try to get a nicer more even color this year. Long story shorts. I didnt read the directions on how to use the "oil". So, instead of waiting until after I tanned, took a shower and THEN put on the tanning "oil", I put on the tanning "oil" and then tanned and took a shower. Let's just say that right now, I'm a really, really nice dark bronze color, but I feel like a piece of burnt leather being stretched across a table. Andrew's been extremely doting...even though my misery is my fault. "How many times have I told you to wear sun screen?" asked my mother. I felt like I was in highschool again, coming home with way too much sun, trying to sneak past my mother's all seeing eye.

So, today I'm miserable. Yup, that's me...the girl wearing strapless and trying to flinch away from anyone's touch on my back. Sadly, I'm not red in the slightest, so no one can tell I'm burnt. At church this morning, a woman I dont even know said something to me and laughed patted my back. It might as well have been a porcupine being thrown at my back. Ah yes, oh so fun.

But despite my misery. I love the sun. I hate the heat but I love the sun. And the sun was absolutely wonderful for our recent family shoot at Henderson Beach State Park. We shot the Campbell family once before when our business first gained momentum. They won a complimentary session from an auction our Sunday School class held at Rocky Bayou. Jeff is an insurance agent with Statefarm that decide to move to Ohio. Before they left, they wanted to get one last set of family portraits at the beach. I mean, common, who doesnt want to take a piece of our beaches home.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now these two photos I just couldnt resist. After our beach portion of the shoot, we headed over to Marble Slab for some good old fashioned mess of photos with icecream. Claire, the youngest had never experienced the joys of icecream from a cone before. And let's just say she has to master the art of eating the icecream out of the cone, not her hand!


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment