Monday, June 15, 2009

Just words...

There's no pictures today...just words. And lots of words. You see, I'm in a mood. My moods come from various calamities in life, joys, oddities, and the wind. If it moves, breathes, makes nose, or contributes to my environment, it will effect my mood. Lately, my mood has been irritatingly bothered by the continual presents of gnats. Watching TV - a gnat will slide its humming self across the screen; Editing photos - a gnat will buzz by my ear and into my hair, causing me to launch into a freak out that can only be described as a Napoleon Dynamite imitation. Andrew and I have ignored these little boogers, hoping that they would fly themselves away. But yeah, like that happened. Yesterday, we'd had enough, we'd cleaned every square inch of the house, emptied every trashcan, renewed every air freshener, washed laundry, cleaned dishes, emptied the coffee pot, scrubbed the counters, Swiffered the floor, vacuumed....and finally, we sat down to watch Aladdin.

Enter the bug that is now plastered against my living room wall. Andrew and I both looked at each other, stood up, and marched across the street to the store and purchased two bottles of a certain red fruity gnat killing death trap. We came out, both with determined looks furrowed across our brows. We poured little glasses of the red fruity death trap and placed them in every room of our house. And then we waited.

While we waited, we heard an odd sound coming out of our laundry room. We opened the door to discover that our dryer sounded like it was either about to explode, drift into a coma, or that a small animal might crawl out from under it. Andrew quickly turned off the dryer and I reached for the lint-disposal-thingie. OHHHHHHH the joy. You know how growing up and you watch your mom do laundry and you're learning how to do the laundry, when to clean out the lint trap...I must have been staring at the ceiling during that particular lesson. Because DANG the amount of lint we pulled off of that thing...lets just say the house should have caught on fire by now. I could have made a Pomeranian out of the amount of lint that came out. Andrew looked at me with this look that screamed: You've got to be joking me. The last time I remember cleaning out the lint trap was...oh....I'm going to go with once since we've been married. Yes, that's right folks, I am a failure as a domestic wife...I nearly burnt the house down. But I'd like to go on record to say that if my husbands clothing werent always so stinkin dirty, there wouldnt be a need for that much laundry during the first year of marriage. This is my flimsy excuse for blaming anyone but myself. Eventually I sulked into the shower muttering about how horrible I was. Andrew tried to restart the dryer and it wouldnt turn on without making a horrible sound of "I'm going to sputter and die if you keep touching me." So as of this moment in time, we dont have a functioning dryer. And it's my fault. Yippee.

Andrew sat by me on the couch before bed and let my head fall against his chest as I mumbled unrecognizable words into his shirt. Somewhere in between making out the words "failure" and "I suck" he pried my head from his chest and gave me numerous reasons why I'm not a failure. Then he simply said "It's just a dryer." I love him.

So, this morning, when we both trudged from our slumber into our various routines for the morning, we both noticed something. Our gnats are smart. Out of the five glasses of the gnat killing juice, how many gnats do you think were drowning in their own drunken stupor. If you guessed ZERO you'd be right on the money. So, the tally today: Gnats 1 Olimbs 0. It's on.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment