Thursday, November 12, 2009

Inspiration and Drive

What a crazy, crazy two weeks. You may recall I mentioned last week that I was headed off to New Orleans for the Pictage Partner Con at the Astor Crowne Plaza. If any new photographers like myself hasnt been to one of those conferences, I strongly urge you go. Spend the money and go with a mind wide open. It wont disappoint! You will have a headache after, you will feel like you need a vacation to sort your thoughts, but you will leave seeing your photography business in a totally different light.

I'm not really sure where to start with this post. Words arent coming out as easily as they normally would. But then again, my mind is still reeling from all the information it absorbed in New Orleans. I'm racing with ideas and to do lists and new found direction but I'm having to actively slow everything down so I can take one step at a time, purposefully and putting every ounce of energy, creativity, and drive that I can into each step.

So, the highlights of New Orleans!
- getting stuck in traffic for what would have been a four hour drive {which turned into close to a six hour drive} with Erica from Pure7Studios and Candice K of Candice K Photography.
- nearly running out of gas while being stuck in traffic and wondering how badly Erica and Candice would hate my guts if we were stuck on the side of the road on I-10.
- arriving at the Astor and realizing how HORRID New Orleans Burbon Street smells.
- realizing that I probably wasnt going to get much sleep...but loving staying up till 2am talking with my roommates!
- listening to amazing speakers: Jason Aten, Scarlett Lillian, Liana Lehman, Dane Sanders, Skip Cohen, Kevin Swan, Jim Collins, and my FAVORITE Justin and Mary Marantz.
- did I mention: Justin and Mary Marantz!?
- meeting Jamie Delaine!
- um...hello....sitting across the our hotel room talking to Jamie Delaine!
- Irenes with Erica
- building better relationships
- saving Courtney Craver's life..hahaha okay so not really but seriously, she's so stinkin sweet!
- finding inspiration and drive
- the drive home with Erica...even if it took us two attempts to get home!

Now that I'm back, I've got a ton on my plate that I almost feel overwhelmed. I have to keep reminding myself that I can do everything before me. Andrew and I can handle everything so long as we keep our heads and purposefully put one foot in front of the other. So, how did we celebrate our new found inspiration and drive? After we wrote out a new business plan, ourWe went out and bought two Canon 5D Mark IIs! Yes folks, Olimb Photography is now officially Rebel Xsi FREE! And we're incredibly excited to move our business forward next year. We've got so much coming out of the woodwork within the next two months that I can barely keep from tweeting about it and spoiling the surprise! Which, by the way, if you're not following me on Twitter or Facebook, shame on you. :0)

So much is coming!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

3 comments:

  1. thx for taking care of my wifey! i know she had a blast. good luck with the markII. they are great cameras.....my biggest tip---- dont let photography become a job. its art. get inspired, find whatever it is that inspires you and gets you going. for me its music. be you !!! i know great things will come =) oh yeah, keep the J man first

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did save my life and I am forever grateful. ;) Thanks Cassie!!!!! Had a blast seeing you there!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, you're awesome!!! remember....overwhelmed is good. It just means that you're growing!

    xoxo
    mary

    ReplyDelete