Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brace Yourselves

I stared out the window from my desk..which probably isnt the most productive of activities when trying to complete editing. I realized a shift in my thought process and it caught me off guard. You see, I had been thinking about the weather and how cold it was outside and my dream vacation in a nice cabin in the woods, the fireplace cracking, hot coffee in hand, snuggling against my husband as we stared out a window to the lake view before us. I was along for the ride as my brain pictured the colors and smells of the woods, the moss covered rocks, the sun pouring through the trees...when suddenly my brain jumped to something completely unexpected. "Why did I become a photographer? Why did I want to be great at this? Why did I want to connect with people and invest in a key point in their lives and capture the emotion and the joy of their wedding day?"

So there I sat. Formulating the answers to those questions have proven a bit more time consuming then I originally anticipated. I scanned over my older blog posts and I realized that I never really ventured into my reason for why I wanted this. And then I thought to myself "How in the world can I build a substantial relationship with people and want people to want me as their photographer, when they dont know me, when they dont know why I'm doing this or what I want to get out of it and what I want people to get out of it."

This is been the reasoning behind changing so much of our photography brand. We started working on making changes. My dad and web designer: Steve Bishop with Web-Fish.com had to deal with his worst nightmare, his fickle daughter who has an opinion on everything. But together we started re-creating our webpage, our logo, our color scheme, everything. Lots of coffee and late nights finally brought about a start. My dad's amazing web developer, Mr Rich Snyder is quite possibly the fastest web developer I've ever met. I mean, the guy cranked out my site in less than a month!! I say start, much to my dad's cringing and wincing, because we're still evolving...while I love the direction we're now headed in, it's not the destination yet. If you need a new site, be sure to email them. They make an amazing team!

So, January 16th is the hopeful launch date of all the new stuff. It's killing me trying not to post any new blog entries or photos {because it's all coming reeeeeally soon and I want it to all jump off the screen together}. January 16th will have our first "new" post along with our new site. I'm working like a mad woman in the process to get my new logo imprinted on photos for new blog posts and Facebook albums and answering those questions I posed to myself a few months ago.

Please hold on just another two weeks and I'll have all sorts of things to share.
Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments: