Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Here

Finally! It's here! As promised, it's January 16th and here it is, our new site, our new look, our new direction and goals, it's all live! I find myself kinda wincing hoping that no on hates it or think that it's like, the worst change ever. But at the same time, I feel that this is a better representation of who Andrew and I are.

So what's new on the agenda? I'm so glad you asked!
1. We have a new logo! Isn't it pretty! Andrew and I decided that we needed to change our logo; that it needed to have meaning. Our previous logo had no symbolism or meaning, it was just a pretty swirl around pretty font. We decided that we wanted our business to reflect meaning and our outlook on life. Andrew gave me free reign in the design process because he knows that the heart of this business is my heart and who I am...he embraced that, encouraged it, and allowed it to blossom. He continually supports, drives, and encourages this business. So what's the symbolism? It's actually something from my childhood. I lived in England for three years and there was this empty lot behind my house right outside of the air force base there. I used to lay out there in the grass and make these flower headbands with the clover flowers. I even tried eating them once because someone told me they were edible. That field had so many flowers, later in life I realized that they were all weeds, but in my memory, it's a lot full of beautiful flowers. Every time I saw one of those white dandelions, I would make a wish and kick it - scattering the little floaters all over the field. Awhile later, there would be more white dandelions and I would make more wishes and dance around kicking the little white poofs. So, when we started trying to make a new logo, I thought of our little tag line "dwell in possibility" an Emily Dickinson quote. I'm always dwelling in the possibility of what could be. I dont ever want to lose that. And I wanted our logo to embrace that idea that I always want to be dreaming, I always want to be wondering what could be and strive for that.
2. We have a new website! www.olimbphotography.com We decided to change up the focal point of our website this time around. We wanted to stop trying to be "the best photographer" because I'll be the first to admit there are so many other photographers I would consider as the best. But we wanted to stop trying to say "book us, we're good" and instead say "this is who we are, this is what we're about" and hope that it draws clients to us for who we are and how we fit with who they are as a bride and groom.
3. Giveaways. I love giveaways! So what I'm wanting to do is start holding "contests" of sorts and giving away free stuff from us!
4. We have a whole new mindset with our business...which I've mentioned, I dont know, maybe three times so far this year, but what can I say, I'm excited. Andrew and I have made changes to how we interact with our clients from as small as how often we email to these awesome welcome kits that we created to send to our new brides.

So here we are, "brand new" and ready to get 2010 started out on the right foot.

Photobucket

Dwell in possibility...
Cassie

1 comment: