Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just Polish: Simple or Complex

I suppose I just expected to sit for an hour and leave with fabulous nails. I supposed I thought it'd be relaxing and a nice change of pace for the day. I was very clear about what I wanted: polish only. You see, I'm very particular when it comes to my nails. They have to be shaped JUST right and it seems that I'm the only one that knows how to do that correctly. So, before I came, I'd filed my nails just right and removed my previous nail polish. "Just Polish" and I'd brought my own color to make it all the more simple.

Instead of a nice relaxing experience, I was stressed and didnt exactly get what I wanted. I mean, what I got was okay, I suppose, but it wasnt what I asked for. I'd asked for just polish on my nails and I'd brought my own. Instead, I left with wrongly filed nails, despite my saying, "no, thank you, just polish" and clear polish instead of my color. My toes were done right, I will give the guy that. I convinced myself that it wasnt that bad, it was close to what I wanted, whatever. I pull out my wallet to pay and I'm told "We're under new management, we dont accept credit cards, cash or local checks only." Well, first off, I dont carry around my checkbook. And second of all, I NEVER have cash on me. I spend it too fast if I have cash on me. So I look at the woman behind the cash register and seriously contemplated walking out. She informs me there is an ATM across the street if I'd like to walk. So, with newly painted nails and toes in 63 degree weather and flip flops, I walk across the street to the bank. Luckily for me, this bank is my business checking account, so Olimb Photography paid for my nails yesterday. And I'm ashamed to say I told the woman at the teller "Dont ever use that salon, it was horrible".

As I walked back to the nail place to pay for an all around not right experience, something was re-emphasized in my brain. Just Polish: Simple or Complex? How many brides do I get that have this similar expectation in mind. They know what they want. They tell me what they expect and they expect some semblance of what they asked for. I dont want to ever drag a bride through a complicated experience. I want to do my absolute best to provide a simple and streamline process. I dont want to ever make my bride feel pressured or awkward, or that the experience she received was only close to what she wanted but too complicated or too confusing.

Olimb Photography: Simple or Complex? Hopefully, I can say the former. I want to be able to have brides that walk away from an experience with us and feel that it was simple, easy, that they could be themselves, express their opinion, and breathe throughout the process. I dont want to ever give them cause to walk away saying "Dont ever use that photographer, it was horrible" So, today, I'm doing my best to walk myself through our booking process and simplify it. I want this to be easy. I want to draw clients in and not have to ever overwhelm them with mass paperwork or confusing descriptions and timelines. Getting married shouldnt be stressful. It should be fun, enjoyable, and an exciting fun and creative time. And I want to be able to help my brides receive that.

So, as I pretend to be a bride booking Olimb Photography, I thought I'd leave you with a sneak peak of whats coming up. Our first 2010 shoot was just after the new years and I've been bursting waiting to post these photos to the blog. So here's a sneak!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment