Monday, February 22, 2010

Home Ownership

This past week has been a whirl wind...has it been a week? What's today, the 2osomethingth...so yes, that's a week. We have owned a home for a week. This past week has been organized chaos as we moved from our apartment to our first home. With the help of some friends, we moved into the house in an afternoon. That either says a lot about our "moving crew" or it points to the fact that Andrew and I dont have a ton of stuff.

I absolutely love everything about this house. Well, except for the lack of storage space in the bathroom and the lack of closets in the living room. But aside from that, I LOVE this house. When we got here, the previous owners had this horrid beige color on all the walls. Now, I'm sure tons of people are fans of shades of green and gray and brown all in this beige-y undertone...but that's not me in the slightest. My mom loves the paint that was in here when we moved in...me? Well, I went to the store the very next day and bought a grand total of 11 gallons of paint. Yes, that's right, 11 gallons. And in true Cassie fashion, the colors are from every range of the spectrum. Embellished Blue, Aqua Breeze, Asparagus, Feldspar, Bicycle Yellow, and some undetermined shade of rusty red...yes indeed, I love color.

So yes, home ownership is awesome...it would be even more awesome if I had remembered to turn the gas on when we moved in and had heat our first four days instead of the ice box we endured. It would be even more awesome if I could get Garland to stop digging holes in the backyard and if I was a little taller to paint this monstrous vaulted walls. But, I'm so thankful that God blessed us with this house.

As we continue to get settled and paint everything and buy furniture and curtains, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of the engagement session we had this past Saturday. I cannot wait to share it with you all!! So here's a sneak of Ruth and Daniel.

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment: