Thursday, February 4, 2010

Meet Garland!

Okay, so, here's the story. Andrew and I eat sushi...alot. I dont mean like we eat it once a month or something crazy like that, no, we eat sushi at the same restaurant an hour and fifteen minutes away nearly every Saturday. And this does not include when we eat at local sushi restaurants. Sadly, our checkbook suffers but it's SOOOO good I almost dont care. Almost. The $200 we've spent on sushi already in the past three weeks is beginning to change my mind.

Another reason we drive so far to Pensacola is for a fancy little store that is right next store to our favorite sushi restaurant. That store is: Petland. For the past three years, I've visited that Petland after every sushi visit and drooled over each adorable puppy wishing and hoping. How much is that doggie in the window! For three years I've drooled and left with a belly full of sushi and smelling like at least three different breeds of puppies and maybe a bunny rabbit or two.

This past week, I caved. Originally, Andrew and I wanted a Shiba Inu. We were going to get a little girl and name her Sushi. That was, until I fell in love with Cairn Terriers. More specifically, a little gray one at the Petland. I saw that dog for 2 months and wished I could bring her home. One day she was gone. Three weeks ago another little Cairn Terrier arrived. Now, you may wonder how I went from Shiba Inus to a Cairn Terrier, especially if you know me, you know I dont like little dogs. But, Cairn Terriers are Toto dogs!!! This is the breed that played Toto in the Wizard of Oz. Just like that, I swore I was going to own my own Toto dog, it was going to be a boy and I was going to name it Otto.

However, this past weekend, Andrew and I were over indulging in all you can eat sushi and when we were done, we went to Petland. And there she was...the most adorable playful and cuddly little puppy. This is Garland {ode to Judy Garland}. She's a barely three month old little Cairn Terrier. And I adore this dog! I'm ashamed to admit it, she goes with me everywhere. I'm "that" girl at the moment, hiding her puppy in her jacket or her purse. She is perfect.

Photobucket

At the moment, Andrew, Garland and I are living out of our cars and our parents houses. You see, our apartment doesnt allow pets. And we're, okay, I'm afraid to break the rules and get yelled at by our landlord. So, this past week we've been living at my in-laws and next week we're living at my parents. {Side note, they love me!} We move into our new home next Friday. We'll be a little family in our own little house.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I hope you have a great time with her!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trendy homeless is the new thing - so hot right now.

    Besides, living out of a car for your dog proves you can take care of a house. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOH my gosh.

    I don't come home until spring break, but I WILL be visiting :)

    ReplyDelete