Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Move In Day

Alrighty folks, {and yes, I just said folks!} it has begun! Tomorrow is closing day on our new house. And this weekend, I'm going to be surrounded with boxes and furniture and paint and packing tape and who knows what else. I wanted to give the internet world a heads up that I'm going to be MIA for a little bit. I have no idea how long it's going to take to get settled into our new home but I promise that the office is number one on the priority. If you have a hard time getting in touch with me, I might have accidentally packed myself into a box.

Tonight is the last night in our apartment. And as was our first meal dinner in our apartment, we ordered Little Caesars $5.00 pizza from across the street. Our new home will not be located in the back parking lot of a pizza place, nor the back parking lot of Blockbuster. So, we decided we wanted our last night to be filled with the things that made our apartment great. Pizza and a movie and great company.

Looking around, I think I might miss it just a little bit...the simplicity of living in a 700 square foot place. But as I look at Andrew and think of our new home, I know there's much in store for the two of us. Tomorrow we will walk hand in hand to sign our last signature for our home. Tomorrow, hand in hand, we will get the first set of keys that we own...and then I'll rush to WalMart to get a Disney key made! Hand in hand we will walk up the driveway to our new home. And tomorrow, Andrew will pick me up and carry me over the threshold to where we're going to spend the next who-knows-how-many-years of our lives together. Hand and hand, tomorrow we'll continue our journey. Wish us luck!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments: