Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He Lives!

Happy Easter! (even if it is two days late)This Easter was a little different than past Easters. Not only because it was my first Easter waking up not in my parents house, being married now and all :0)But it also was a little different because our church generally has a huge Passover celebration that begins with months of preparation. From dance to drama to choir and orchestra, our church invests a tremendous amount of energy and prayer into the development of that celebration event. This year, our church took a different direction in our community and instead we focused on God of the City. Instead of our typical Passover celebration event, we had a smaller presentation on Good Friday. Sadly I didnt get to be apart of that because of the wedding we booked but they made DVDs and I'm excited to see it! Easter Sunday arrived and I wasnt in the best of moods due to some insecurities with my Easter dress (all you females out there totally understand the waking up and suddenly feeling insecure whereas you were completely confident in yourself the day before). Church began with numerous songs that just declared Christ's glory in the ressurection. Three songs that Sunday God chose to reveal to me parts of His glorious nature. I'm not generally one to cry but I was a blubbering mess on Sunday. Each song showed more and more of who He is throughout the scripture, throughout history, throughout my life. More and more I saw that He is Worthy! It was truly an amazing service. After the service, I endure the typical "family Easter photos" from Andrew's family. I'd much rather be behind the camera the majority of the time...and standing next to a completely decked out marine made me feel reeeeeeally dwarf-like. :0) Andrew's sister was also in town with her husband and little girl and we all had an amazing Easter lunch at Andrew's parents along with all the siblings and my parents. It was just a nice time to relax an eat way too much food together.

So I've got a TON of posts coming up. I'm trying to get caught up this week. Sadly I dont feel like I'm getting any further and I'm losing sleep. Gotta fix that soon with a nice nap on the beach :0)

Coming up (hopefully tomorrow) will be some posts from our wedding at the Embassy Suites and a sneak peak from the wedding we had on Good Friday. Also I'll have some pictures that I took for my stylist friend of mine for her portfolio.

Dwell in Possibility,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment