Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Yellow Brick Road

I made the decision finally to make this blog more personal. I may have mentioned it before, that I was agonizing over keeping this strictly about events in our photography business. But I decided that I want you all to know who I am, what makes me a photographer. Because in the end, it’s not about the camera, the expensive lens or the newest version of equipment you hold. It’s about the people in front of the lens and behind the camera. So, I made the decision to allow this blog to not only showcase events in our photographic days but to also show more of a glimpse into who we are, not just what we do. So…if you will permit me, into the personal!

Today is a Wizard of Oz day. Sporadically throughout my life, I have these days. Some are Wizard of Oz days, others are Lilo and Stitch days and on glorious occasions it is a both day which causes serious happiness on my part. Today is a Wizard of Oz day.

There’s something about that movie that makes me feel like I’m 10 years old, covered in England’s mossy dirtiness playing with my tiny horses prancing through the prairies and forests of my imagination. Other times I feel as if I’m 5 years old dressed in my Dorothy dress, clicking my sparkling red shoes together wishing I could be transported into that amazingly colorful world of magic and wonder.

I’m 21 years old and I still adore fairytales, sparkling red shoes, and mystical forests and long to go back to England ’s moss covered enchantment. And there are some days where I encase myself in as close as I can get to those enchantments and myths of my childhood. Those are the days in which I plant myself in front of the TV, wrapped in a blanket and watch Judy Garland skip along that amazingly paranormal yellow brick road and smile as the warm and fuzzies fill me from head to toe.

Today is a Wizard of Oz day.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment