Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Little Brother

So I'm the oldest in my family. A big sister to my little brother...and by little, I mean in age. Okay and waist size :0) But yeah, it's me and my brother. This past weekend was his senior prom. My mom had called me the other day and said that she officially felt old. Her little girl is grown, graduated college and married and now her baby boy is about to graduate highschool. I laughed at her "feeling old" but today as I edited these photos I felt the same way. I remember splashing in the tub with this kid! We had a yellow bucket that we'd take in the bath when we were younger and fill it with water, we'd then squish our butt into that bucket as hard and as fast as we could. Water would explode all around us and we'd sit there in giggling fits. Yup, that little boy and I had a lot of great times growing up. Okay so yes, I tortured him like all big sisters do. I blamed pretty much everything on him and I even dressed him up as a girl, much to my grandfather's dismay. So my brother is a senior...where I was what seems like yesterday. He experienced his senior prom with his insanely cute girlfriend with the most awesome name. And as I was focusing in on him for some shots I realized just how grown up he looks. He looks just like my mom's side of the family - he's just as tall, scrawny, with broad shoulders and etched features. We have the same smile...and nose. And no matter what he says, mine is smaller! I'm proud of my brother in an odd way. :0) I love him...even though I kinda miss the splashing around in the bathtub and the days at Discovery Zone. So here's my brother and his girl friend. Enjoy!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment