Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Maybe You're Going Dingie."

I'm not even going to attempt to fudge right now and say it's been a great week. Cause no, it hasnt. But then again, it hasnt been a bad week either. My emotions are frazzled...I probabbly looked like on overworn scratching post some demonic cat used to sharpen it's nasty little claws to defend itself against the worlds evils. Sometimes I look up at the sky and ask God, why in the world would You not put up a sign that says"take a deep breath, I'm about to rock your world" That nice little sign would have been nice. But then again, I'm not going to mock the way God chose to rock my world. A friend of mine put it: "It's like a rocket was strapped to your butt and takes you to the moon". So, from two horribly gone wrong cooking incidents, to a tearfilled evening spent before the throne of my glorious Father this week has worn me out...to the moon and back.

My before mentioned cooking incidents? Well, let's just say one involved a horrifically undercooked chicken in a crockpot that pretty much looked like Taz from LooneyToons tore through it, leaving it's sad little carcass of a chicken to collect his Tazmanian dust - it was a very sad state of affairs. I took a picture but there is pretty much zero chance that I'm going to post it. You almost cant tell its a chicken...and I dont want to make anyone queezy! And the second incident...that one still lingers on my tastebuds. I pride myself in this AMAZING berry pie. It has blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and lavendar. My creative little self that I am decided to add some lemon and orange extract since, duh - it's summer and the pie should taste of summer. I'm going to go ahead and say it right now that if you EVER use those two extracts together. YOU DO NOT NEED MUCH! I put in, oooooh about a teaspoon or two of both. My astounding berry filled pie tasted like I'd shoved a bar of soap in it. Now, I'd made this pie for my granddad since my grandparents are in town for my brothers graduation. My granddad is a pie fiend. Pie is to him what water is to the rest of the human species. I dont see my grandparents much because they live in Maryland (a state I swear to Andrew that we're going to live in someday). But every time I see him I'm greated by "Did you bring me a pie?" I love my granddad. So, back to the object of shame: the pie. No one could eat the pie! Oh we tried; I ate maybe two forkfulls and just could not get past that lovely Irish Springs flavor. (Yeah, yeah - I have licked Irish Spring soap once upon a time. Dont judge, it was a dare and I was 13.) My Granddad on the other hand, he sat there with his humming hearing aid and completely downed that pie. We all stared at him like "how in the world are you eating that!" I asked him and his response? "I've had worse, I've had better. Pie is pie." So, last night, to prove to those irritating little kitchen gremlins that are destroying my recipes, I made the pie again, this time, WITHOUT the Irish Springs bar of soap.

And, since this is a photography blog afterall. I want to give you a sneak peak of a maternity session I had with my bestest friend in the whole wide world (excuse me while I divert back to 5 year old playground termanolgy). You may recall her "We're pregnant" sesh awhile back. :0) She's grown just a little. I'm so excited for little Miss Hope to come into this world, call me Auntie Cassie and become fully accustomed to my camera in her face. I will be the crazy cool aunt!

Dwell in Possibility...

Cassie


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment