Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts

I'm pretty certain that I've become more and more easily bored lately. Wow - reading that sentence my English teach would have hung her head in shame. What I meant to say was that lately its becoming so much easier to find myself thinking "I'm bored". Since when did I become so restless!

Last night Andrew and I worked on updating our website a bit. We had three new sets of photos to upload as well as a new About Us page. I think we got through two sets of photos before we both heard our bedroom calling "Sleeeeeeep." I honestly dont remember hitting the pillow! Go take a peak! There's still more coming. www.olimbphotography.com

This morning, as I got ready to leave as quickly as possible (I was running just a TINY bit late this morning) I felt like God just kinda stood in front of my path and said "be still". Even as I write that, I'm struck with the overwhelming desire to close my eyes and bask in who God is...and just be still. As many of you already know, I'm very much a lists and to do person. I like spontaneity but only if I feel that I can afford time for it. I've planned and scheduled and made so many lists that I've left a marginal amount of room for the Lord to do anything in my life. I allot more time for the gym than I do for studying the Word and just spending time with my Father. Be Still. If I could have taken the day today to barricade myself in a library somewhere and just be still with the Lord, I would have. I made a "stick in the mud" statement right then and there. I was going to re-evaluate my "I'm bored" statements and take those times to just talk to my Savior. My second "stick in the mud" statement was that I'm going to try all next week not to plan anything. Not to lay down my hour to hour activities and just be still and leave time for the Lord to work in my life, without having to knock down all my barriers of to-do lists, post it notes, and schedules.

I'm a serious bookworm, by the way. I have to be careful of when I chose to read a book because once I start, everything short of breathing fades away. I dont get much done when I read because I inhale books. I'm not kidding you - I can read one 400 paged book in a matter of two days. Right now I'm reading a book called Black by Ted Dekker (a first in a three book series) and I keep re-reading a portion from the book. It's a moment when the main character Thomas experiences the love that he's been rejecting his whole life. When his heart opens to the idea of Christ (in this book is the character Elyon). Something about the way Ted Dekker chose to describe this scene just breathes a whole new life into me. There's moments when I need that. I need that fresh perspective. I need someone to describe things to me in an artsy, out of this world sort of way. The sheer splendor my mind created as I read this...followed by a bit of sorrow...renewed by life-giving joy. It's a bit long so I'm only going to share the parts that keep echoing through my heart:

"On the far side, a towering pearl cliff shimmered with ruby and topaz hues. Over the cliff poured a huge waterfall, which throbbed with green and golden light and thundered into the water a hundred meters below. The rising mist captured light from the trees, giving the appearance that colors arose out of the lake itself. Here, there could hardly be a difference between day and night...Only desire remained. Raw, desperate desire, pulling at his aching heart with the power of absolute vacuum...He dived headlong into the glowing waters...The warm water engulfed him...the sensations coursed through his bones in great, unrelenting waves...Elyon was in the lake with him...then he heard them. Three words: I MADE THIS...no, not words. Music that spoke. Pure notes piercing his heart and mind with as much meaning as an entire book...I SEE YOU THOMAS. I MADE YOU. I LOVE YOU.The words washed over him, reaching into the deepest marrow of his bones, caressing each hidden synapse, flowing through every vein, as though he had been given a transfusion...Then he saw the images streaming by, and he recognized where he must be...Images of him spitting in his father's face...his mother, crying. The images came faster now. Pictures of his life. A dark, terrible nature. A red faced man was spitting obscenities with a long tongue that kept flashing from his gaping mouth like a snake's. Each time the tongue touched another person, they crumpled to the floor in a pile of bones. It was his face he saw. Memories of lives dead and gone, but here now and dying still. And he knew then that he had entered his own soul...He couldnt stop screaming...Elyon was screaming! In pain. Tom pressed his hands to his ears and continued to scream...His body crawled with fire, as though every last cell revolted at the sound. And so they should, a voice whispered in his skull. Their Maker is screaming in pain!...Tom heard the words as if they came from within his own mind. I LOVE YOU THOMAS...I love you too! Tom cried desperately. I choose you; I cherish you! He was sobbing, but with love...He wanted to speak, to scream, and to yell and to tell the whole world that he was the luckiest man in the universe. That he was loved by Elyon, Elyon himself..."

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment