Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sarah: Mockingbird

I call them Mockingbirds because its so much more attractive than Mock Sessions. I mean, who wants to get a call and hear "hey, wanna shoot a mock session?" that's just no fun. So, Mockingbirds!

Late one night at a sleepover {yes, dont judge, I still attend them when my husband goes out of town for work}, I think it was close to 2:30am when I shouted "I'm so gonna do that!" Let me back track a bit. A group of friends and I were online clicking about through Facebook, blogs, and fashion sites eating these amazing brownies. We were supposed to go to bed close to midnight, but seeing as I mentioned that it was 2:30, it is obvious that we didnt go to bed as planned. We kept finding these amazing themed shoots and I was jealous. I wanted to go on a shoot that was themed, high details, crazy and fun. That night I started brainstorming on planned shoots. I'd seen them on various blogs and magazines but it never occurred to me to set one up for myself.

Sarah was one of the girls at that sleepover who just happened to fit perfectly into my wedding dress. Yes folks, this is my wedding dress in this shoot. After the shoot and seeing how gorgeous she is in it, I will admit, I totally went home and tried it on to see if I looked as good as she did in it. I was honestly surprised I fit in it!

Anyways, after this shoot, I'm definitely going to plan more of these mockingbird shoots. I think next time I'm going to do a themed engagement style shoot...I think. I just want to play around more with photography. I want to have exciting crazy new shoots that you wouldnt usually see. I want time to try out new lenses, new angles, new techniques. We will see. So, without further ado, I present: Sarah: Mockingbird!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Helllooooo AMAZING!! These are absolutely FABULOUS Cassie! Your goal should now be to make me look this awesome on my wedding day! =)

    LOVE IT!
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute: the hair and makeup and poses are super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my "whimsical" daughter! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah looks FABULOUS

    ReplyDelete