Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reynolds Kiddos

I cant imagine having a twin. I honestly cant even imagine having a sister. I remember growing up, I always wanted an older brother, but I never did want a sister. Instead, I clung to my bosom friend. You know, "--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul." {And yes, that was an Anne of Green Gables reference for those of you who noticed} But when those friends werent prevalent in my life, I was pretty much an imaginative loner. But every time I hear people talk about their sisters, their twins, or watching movies such as Pride and Prejudice, I wonder what life would be like if there was another me...or rather, someone else who looked like me. Knowing myself as I do, I would probably go to the polar opposite extreme. I wouldnt want to look a thing like her; I'd go out of my way to be different, unique, to stand apart from her.

Why am I talking about twins in such depth? Two answers to that. One, it's nearly midnight, and I get super thoughtful and often irritatingly chatty after 10pm. Two, I had the privileged of shooting a group of children whos mother is in fact, a twin!

You may recall from a blog post a long time ago, Jessica Thorne from WPSM radio. We had the awesome chance to go out to Baytown Wharf and take family pictures for her. In turn, we wound up with a pretty sweet radio spot that up until a few months ago, I hadnt even heard. I would always get phone calls like "Hey Cassie! I just heard your radio ad!" or the ever popular "That girl on the radio is talking about you guys again!" But yes, back to twins. Jessica is a twin! As if there could not be enough gorgeousness once, there are two of them! Jessica and Jennifer are by far two of the most stunning people I have ever met. A lot of the times, as most of us learn in highschool, those drop dead beautiful people sometimes are not always so nice. But I have to genuinely say that both Jessica and Jennifer are extremely beautiful, bright, joyful people. I found myself drawn to their warmth, their laughter, and their honest happiness towards life.

Jennifer contacted me about a month ago and couldnt stop raving about her sisters family photos. So, a long trip from Kentucky later and there we were taking photos of another set of happy kiddos. I didnt learn this until after the fact, but one of Jennifer's little girls is in love with the Wizard of Oz! I knew there was a reason I liked this kid!! I felt a little guilty after the fact because when I was getting dressed for the shoot, I decided not to wear my ruby red slippers...I know, shocking right?

So, as I realize that I am rambling and creating a book out of an intended short post, I give you the Reynolds kiddos!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment