Saturday, August 29, 2009

2am, Pluots, and Dragons

1:57am. The red lights of the alarm clock reminded me of how insane it was that I had woken up from a great night's sleep. Andrew jolted awake, making me feel even worse about being awake. Have you ever had your body forget to breathe? Or maybe have a dream in which you had something over your face and you couldnt breathe deep enough to fill your lungs? Whatever the reason, I woke gasping for air and then coughing. Suddenly I was burning hot. Andrew was suddenly wide awake at my side trying to get me to calm down. After some water and throwing the covers off me, I relaxed. Settling back into Andrew's arms as he stroked my hair until I quieted back into sweet sleep. I love my husband. He is my lover; he is my friend.

9:47am. I stretched and slowly opened my eyes to Andrew's sleeping face. His eyes began to open and lock with mine. Eventually, we made our way out of the comfort that is our warm and fluffy Saturday morning bed. I took my place at the computer to check emails as usual as Andrew made eggs over easy. I love my husband. He is my lover; he is my friend.

We sliced a dragon fruit and a pluot and enjoyed the sun as it streamed through the windows, through the sheer curtains and onto the kitchen table. Neither of us have ever eaten a dragon fruit so we thought itd be an interesting thing to buy one and try it in all it's strangeness. So now, with my belly full of eggs, two bites of dragon fruit (because no, it doesnt taste very good) and a pluot, I'll watch my husband from the couch as he plays his favorite video game while I emerse myself in the world that is Wuthering Heights. I love my husband. He is my lover; he is my friend.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yes that fruit is quite strange looking! It certainly does not look like it belongs here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure took beautiful pictures of the "nasty-tasting" fruit. I've personally never tasted dragon fruit, but I'll just take your word for it on this one especially since I don't even know where to buy such a thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange looking fruit. I think I would have passed and made a Dunkin run after it was cut! :D

    ReplyDelete