Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Until Again...

I stared at the ceiling that night. I grew familiar with the lines in the ceiling as I contemplated myself in their shoes. I can honestly say that I dont think I could do it. I would struggle with the submission, the obedience...the attitude of peace. Six months. I rolled over and looked at Andrew as he lay sprawled on his back, mouth open, and his right arm randomly twitching. Could I ever release my need, my desire for my husband for 6 months if God called him away?

Hannah and Adam are familiar to our website but new to our blog. I'd asked Hannah if she and her husband would be models for us when we were first getting started with photography. We took them to Baytowne Wharf and became more familiar with our cameras, lighting, and editing processes. Now, a little less than a year later, we had a chance to put Adam and Hannah in front of our cameras once again. But this time under slightly less exuberant circumstances.

Adam has an interesting story. One that I'm sure he would gladly declare to anyone who asks. The highlight of his story: how his gracious Savior took hold of his heart and broke it to His mercy and grace and how He continues to shape it into His own every day. Now, I'd known Adam's wife Hannah since highschool but never got a chance to know Adam until more recently. I can say with 100% certainty that I have met few people in life as energetic and passionate about Jesus Christ than Adam. I love the spark that he ignites in any believer within a 10 foot radius of him. Adams works as an intern within the youth ministry at Rocky Bayou Baptist Church while completing the remainder of his time within the Reserves.

While some say that Uncle Sam called Adam to a 6 month deployment, those of us who know and trust the Lord whom Adam serves, knows that God called adam to a 6 month deployment. None of us knows why; it doesnt make sense during this time in Adams life. But we do know that God in His perfection knows Adam and Hannahs path. Adam leaves on Wednesday with Hannah on a quiet getaway just for the two of them for a few days...then Adam will deploy, holding fast to his trust in God and the promises He brings.

Until we see Adam again, Andrew and I wanted to give the two of them some photos to hold them over between letters, Skype, email, and phone calls. Come home soon Adam; you are covered in prayer. "For He will command His angels, concerning you, to guard you in all your ways."

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments: