Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

So this post is long over due. For some reason I kept beginning posts and never posting them because I never posted the photos! Silly girl!

Anyways, July 28th marked my 8,036 day on this earth! My mother reminded me of that multiple times that day. And at 2pm, she reminded me that she was bearing through all the joys of a C-section until my happy little wail erupted into the hospital room. It makes me happy imagining my parents that way. My dad standing nervously near my mother's beside until the doctor urgently requested he leave and get a cup of coffee - apparently my dad looked as if he was going to faint!

Cards and presents slowly made it's way to my mailbox and doorstep. My best friend since I was 3 years old, Ms. Zarah Anne sent me our usual gift. Every year since our teens we send the same type of gift back and forth every year. Her gifts and letters are by far, one of the things on this earth that can make me smile for a very long time. I miss her. I look forward to my birthday present and letter arriving in her familiar handwriting...always arriving at least 3 days late. As is our tradition.

We would have had some pictures of the celebration, however, the fabulous photographers that we are, Andrew and I both forgot to charge the batteries on the camera...no pictures this birthday dinner! So, Happy Birthday to Me! I'm stepping further into my 20's and enjoying the walk along side my amazing husband. With him by my side, friends and family enjoying dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant...celebrating me has never been better.Until next year!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cassie,

    I watched your birthday box for about three days before it left the back of Zarah's car. Every time we went out she mentioned that she need to find a post office! Happy belated birthday. If your parents "do" a road trip...perhaps they will come our way! Enjoying the dry heat in Phoenix. Zarah should be here tonight and we will feast on gyoza. Yum. Wish we were all closer. I miss our Saturday Mystery Pancakes!.

    Love
    Beth

    ReplyDelete