Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kelli and Mike: The Engagement

We sat across the table talking like old friends. I watched as Kelli looked to Mike for his answer, taking in his every word as he told when he knew she was the one. I laughed to myself knowing that Andrew and I would have a hard time answering that very question but shrugged it off after realizing that they werent going to ask us the same question. "When did you two know?" Mike asked as he watched Kelli eat her second cup of Mint Chocolate Chip icecream.

I love it when our brides and grooms genuinely care about our story. Andrew and I launched into our own story, sharing details, laughing, me rolling my eyes as I remembered small portions of the story Andrew was omitting. Something struck me as I listened to Andrew talk, Kelli and Mike just drinking in his words: we were getting swept away! Kelli and Mike cared so much about our story. They genuinely wanted to know! It was difficult to get them to talk about themselves. They would share knowing glances, smiles, laughs...Kelli talked about Mike being the guy on the bike; Mike laughed recalling how it started with a hi...but they wanted to talk about us, not them. It was shockingly different!

Our shoot with the couple was a race against nature. First the heat, then the rain, then the humidity, the bugs, oh, and the electric fences, we cannot forget the electric fences because some of us just had to see what it felt like...but I wont name names Andrew. But we walked away feeling as if we'd just spent the evening with friends we hadnt seen in quite some time. It's always amazing to be in the business and make genuine friendships. People that if you saw at the grocery store, you'd rush over and give them a hug.

My fortune cookie opened...empty. I stared at it for a moment and then burst into laughter. My fortune cookie was fortune-less! Without even batting an eye, Mike smiled: "You make your own fortune." Kelli, Mike, we cannot wait to be apart of your wedding this winter. Mike, seeing your reaction to seeing your bride for the first time....Kelli, you're adorable smile as you lock eyes with your groom...you two are lucky to have one another. Enjoy your story.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie


2 comments: