Monday, May 24, 2010

Meet Megan

Ask anyone, I'm awesome at getting distracted. I take on so many things at one time and run in all sorts of directions. I'm pretty sure that if I were to stop and do one thing at a time, I'd probably get more done, but I love the craziness of having a million different things on my mind. I love the sense of accomplishment that comes with checking things of to-do lists. But, there are some things that never get done. They're usually little things that turn into huge things. Like, oh say waiting until the last minute to get all your tax stuff in order...or balancing the checkbook...you know, those little admin things that drive you crazy.

While enjoying a cup of Moose Munch Coffee and a few episodes of Ghost Whisperer, I stumbled upon an idea...an idea I honestly didnt think would ever come to fruition. I thought to myself that it'd be nice to have an office assistant - a friend I could work - someone to go to antique stores and look for props for engagement sessions - someone to help me come up with awesome inspiration boards for shoots - someone to bounce ideas off of during the day...and someone to bring me coffee and muffins. Okay, so that last part, not part of the job description.

Meet Megan! If you've followed my blog from the very, very beginning, you might recognize her. Or if you saw my attempt at maternity photos, she was there too. You see, Megan's a friend of mine since highschool. I met her one day at school...her blue fuzzy track suit and white shoes. I remember that. I remember sitting alone in a class thinking to myself that it was going to be an extremely long high school experience. I looked around the room - pretty much everyone had coupled up already...you know, the clicks formed quickly. I sat there in my blue, red, and white striped shirt and I noticed this tiny little blonde girl sitting a few rows up...in her blue fuzzy track suit. Here we are, seven years later...Meg's updated her clothes from that blue track suit and I will never again wear a blue, red, and white striped collared shirt. She has a beautiful little girl, we're both married, dogs, houses, who knows how many conversations over coffee...and here we are. Five houses down, little did I know, Megan heard me mention an office assistant. And now, the awesome thing? I'm not only working with my husband, but I'm also working with one of my closest friends in the world! So now, all those admin things that I cannot stand to do...all the packaging I put off until last minute and then race the post office to get them out on time...she loves them. Yes, you heard me right, she loves admin work...the girl's a freak I tell you - freak!

Meet the newest member of Olimb Photography!!

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Nice photos of Megan, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's too cute.
    also, I own a red/white/blue striped collared shirt. a haberdasher. IT ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete