Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To Make Me Smile

I love the way her little ears perk up atop her head...there's just something about seeing the tips of her fuzzy ears peaking up over the couch cushions. There's something about the way she has an internal clock that sounds snuggle time after 9pm that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm sure there's some sort of statistic that states the happiness of pet owners versus the happiness of those who dont own a pet; that extra pint of happiness is true in our house.

I always wanted a big dog. I wanted an enormous cuddle buddy that would make me feel safe and protected. And if it was one of these little cuties, I totally would not complain. So imagine my surprise when I came home with a puppy that fit in my purse {at the time}. It doesnt take much for her to make me smile...usually all it takes is me to look down from my desk and see her sitting there tilting her head to the side. What did I ever do before this dog! I spent a few hours on the living room floor yesterday just watching her roll around, beg me to play, and nap beside me...during that time I started to realize similarities between Garland and me. {dear Mr. Dallman, please forgive me if I messed that grammar up - I really was paying attention in English I promise!} First off, she puts up a huge fight if you tell her to do something she doesnt want to do. Oh, she'll do it, but she cries and barks and does it as slowly as possible...the little stinker. Second, she hates waking up in the morning. I'm not kidding, I think I stumbled across the best dog on the planet! You can open her crate up in the morning {yes, she's still in a crate..that whole potty training thing is almost perfect but I dont want to risk my pretty bed at night} and any normal dog would shoot out of there, happy to be free. Not Garland. She looks at you like "what. do. you. WANT." It's hysterical and so totally me. I love her crazy scraggly hair and that every day it pushes my OCDness a bit more. She hates the brush anywhere near her face so taming her shrewlike look is near impossible...but always fun to try. And while there are many other similarities, my favorite is how much she loves Andrew. If Andrew leaves the room, she will go to his last point of known origin and cry until he comes back. It would be annoying if it wasnt so cute...and she just does it with him. I spend all day long with the dog and she picks him over me...go figure.

And because I just know you're dying to see those cute little ears, I thought I'd give Garland a day on the blog. Because she's just so dang cute and she doesnt have to do much to make me smile.

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute!

    Some dogs like to stay in their crates even after they are grown. We associate a crate with confinement, but they often associate it with security and protection.

    ReplyDelete