Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fear and Blank Page

There are moments in life when I'm afraid of looking forward. They dont happen often but they tend to leave me frozen in my tracks and afraid. This week I finalized my goals and aspirations for 2011. As I sat at my desk in my twirly red chair I tried to prepare a post sharing those goals with you all. But instead of my usual flow of words that comes when I try to write, I was only met with fear and a blank page. Fear that I was being unrealistic. Fear that I was trying too hard to have a life I was never meant to have. Fear that I was missing out on something. Fear...

I've avoided my blog for the past few days simply because I was dwelling in my fear and grasping hard to what I knew. I wasnt ready to let go of 2010 and start from scratch in 2011. Yesterday I stumbled upon the photos I took of the lunar eclipse. They're not that great...our photography equipment is for people, not for stars but I like looking at them...grain and all. They remind me of that night and one of the best conversations I've had with my heavenly Father in quite some time. And it wasnt until I looked back over these photos that I remembered that conversation and the incredible weight that I felt was lifted when I finally trudged back inside from the freezing cold to the warmth of my bed and Andrew's arms. That night I surrendered a lot of fear and a lot of control; and yet somehow from then to now, I've picked it back up again.

So now, on my inspiration board are the 4x6 CVS brand photos of that night to remind me of that night and to stop picking my fears back up. What are you afraid of this year? What are you secretly holding on to and refusing to let go?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment