Monday, January 17, 2011

Three Sides, Please

I try my hardest to order something different every time. I try to convince myself that an actual entree would taste just as good. I stare and stare and stare until our waiter asks what I'm having. Almost out of shame, I offer an apology before I order. "Mine's a little weird" I tell him. Usually at this point I either receive a laugh or a blank stare...I take a deep breath and I order my three sides.

My life with you has taken on that same sort of semblance. I timidly offer up an excuse or an apology as to why what I'm thinking or about to ask may sound weird. Usually you'll give me a smile or a blank stare, further prompting me to let you in on my thought process. But when it's all said and done, no matter how strange my request or reasoning, you always seem to accept me and make me feel like the most amazing person in the world.

As I go through life ordering my three sides, thank you for always being there, for loving me, for pretending that I'm perfectly rational and normal even though we both know rational and normal arent in my list of personality traits. I love you...in my irrational and totally abnormal sort of way.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment