Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Favorite Things: Health Mag

Being that it's January, I'm fairly certain health is on the forefront of nearly everyone's mind. Or at least women, because when we see the flood of commercials on eating healthy and working out and feeling good, we tend to get a little, how shall we say, desperate to feel better and look better.

Towards the end of 2009 was my desperate to feel better and look better moment. I'd been married for a little over a year, finally got out from under a job I absolutely couldnt stand and took the plunge into doing what I really love full time. It was around that time that I got a piece of what appeared to be junk mail. Being that I was still a little lost when it came down to what my day to day schedule should look like now that I was working from home, it was one of the few pieces of junk mail that I'd ever looked at. Turns out, it wasnt exactly junk mail; it was my delta rewards points telling me that they were about to expire. At the time, Andrew and I were desperately searching for a home to buy so I knew that traveling was out of the question. I went on the website provided out of curiosity...maybe I could get a free ticket with my points or something. No such luck. I did however qualify for about half a dozen different subscriptions to various magazines. Enter Health magazine.

I've never really been one for the latest fads but I love healthy foods. I love how I feel after a hard workout, I love when my refrigerator is full of vibrant fresh colors and I love love love to eat a whole box full of strawberries in one sitting. 2010 became the year Andrew and I really embraced a healthy lifestyle, and luckily, through dedication, Health magazine and encouraging each other when we really didnt want it, it stuck.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment