Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Roland Family: Anytime

I've expressed this before, but the significance of family photos is impressing itself on me more and more often. It's making me realize how few photos Andrew and I have. We dont have a wedding album or a photo album of any kind on our coffee table...the photos in our picture frames are about three years old. The more I shoot families and receive their emails thanking me for the memories and treasures I captured for them, the more I realize that this is something I need to be sure to start changing this year.

Over the holidays I was presented with multiple opportunities to capture the essence of families in their various parts of their journey. Christi and her sweet little girl were one of them. I'm beginning to really enjoy seeing the different types of kiddos that are in front of my camera. They're all so different! Prancing around in her little Madeline jacket trying her hardest not to complain about the cold...I laughed at how direct she was in what she wanted. She told me when she'd had enough of the cookies, when she didnt want the candy canes any more and when she'd had her fill of the Santa hat. And oddly enough, she even told me when it was time for me to go! But regardless of when she decided it was time to stop being messy and coated in sugar, she was adorable in her toothy little grin and engaging little inquisitive eyes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment: