Friday, October 1, 2010

And we're back!

Why hello dear internet! How I've missed you! As much as I'd love to say that's a lie and that I truly loved being off from the world wide web, sad to say, I seriously missed everything! The first week I was going through withdraws and if I'm being honest here, I was kinda bored. I sat around my house with my stack of books thinking: HOW long did I say I was doing this for? But once I got out of my photography mode, I started really enjoying the time I had to just be me.

Now that it's October and the amazing fall air is totally at home in Florida, I cant help but look back and think that September went by crazy, crazy fast. So, a quick recap of my September.

- I drank red wine nearly every night...nearly. And on occasion, I totally had a glass of white wine in the afternoon on the porch....just sayin.
- My backyard now actually looks like a backyard instead of a weed infestation and pots full of dead sticks.
- I discovered Andrew and I have the exact same love language...creepy.
- I've totally gone Purple.
- I'm quite a few shades tanner thanks to long mornings at the beach with a book.
- I enjoyed my first pumpkin spice latte of the season, discovered the carb and sugar content and totally went back to my americano. **Only after I emailed Starbucks asking that they make a sugar free option for us healthy conscious pumpkin spice lovers**
- I bought a trashy celebrity magazine every time I was at the checkout counter.
- I lost 5 pounds {woot!}
- I spent a full day shopping in Tallahassee with Megan and bought my first pair of shoes that cost me over $100. *gasp, I'm still twitching over that one*
- I discovered that I dont want to raid antique stores for props for shoots...it's just not me.
- I discovered I love looking through antique stores for no reason whatsoever.
- Andrew turned 25! Yes, I'm married to an old man - I kid, internet, I kid.
- I embraced black nail polish for the entire month and now without it, I feel a little bit less inspirational.
- I started a great relationship with Nick from Spilled Milk Designs. Are you excited about that one? Cause you totally should be.
- I found three new locations I cannot wait to shoot at.
- I fought the urge to get extensions put in my hair. Really people, I want crazy long hair again. Word to the newlywed bride. Dont chop your hair off immediately after returning from your honeymoon. Seriously, dont do it.
-I indulged in my guilty pleasure Keeping Up With The Kardashians every day. If it was on, I was watching. Dont judge.
- I had Andrew remove the shutters from the font of our house so I could paint them red. Only after they were off, we both stared at the house totally loving it without the shutters. So now, I have a red door instead of red shutters.
- I went to Best Buy at midnight with Andrew to buy Halo Reach. A silly reporter was writing an article and completely quoted me as saying something that never came out of my mouth...go figure.
- Coincidentally, Andrew and I played a lot of Halo Reach. Like seriously, it became a nightly ritual.
- Andrew and I took a trip to Ikea to buy new office furniture. Once we arrived, we realized we really didn't like what we intended to buy...so we wasted a trip, got stuck in traffic, and killed our gas tank. Plus side, Andrew bought a bunch of clothes at H&M
- I started drawing up the floor plans for our dream home. I now cannot wait to build a home!

So, we're back! In all our crazy nutcaseness, we're back! You all have no idea how I've missed you! And to start off our October, I thought I'd give you a little family picture of us with Garland. That adorable little scraggly puppy makes our lives happy!

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

3 comments:

  1. 1. Josh and I have the same love language too! Weird but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

    2. You can learn to make your own Pumpkin Spice here, it's cheaper and less cals and I've vowed to do the same: http://www.ehow.com/how_5430330_make-spice-syrup-coffee-latt_.html

    3. My guy is old too and is turning 25 in January.

    4. KUWTK is my guilty pleasure too - they remind me of my own crazy, blended family...5 girls and a boy, and not without the drama :)

    5. Glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hiatus! Glad to have you back and hopefully we can get together soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already said this a few times, but I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK.

    ReplyDelete