Monday, October 25, 2010

The Modes

Our house is ruled by the modes. While we will never, ever admit it if you ask, she determines the mood of our house. This little scruffy face has two modes. Mode one: cuddle and cower. Mode two: play and chew. Mode one is usually reserved for me. While mode two on the other hand, that one comes out around 4pm when Andrew gets home from work. Garland's warm cuddly little mode one body will suddenly jerk up from under my feet, her ears will perk up and she'll start to whine as soon as she hears the garage door begin to open. This marks the beginning of mode two. Mode two will remain until close to 10pm when we finally settle into our bedtime routine.

Garland was at a play date the other day, which is code for "I'm a horrible pet owner and I have to be gone for a long time so Megan watches my dog till I can get home." I got home to unload my computer and planner and send some emails and clean before I went to pick up Garland from down the street and it hit me. My house is very, very sad and lonely with no dog!! Over the course of about 30 - 45 minutes while I finished up my to-do list, my house felt hollow.

So here's to the Olimb household...and modes one and two. Because our house without our little mode maker, well, it's just not our house.

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment