Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our Favorite Things: Cupcake Vineyards

I never claim to be a wine connoisseur, not by any stretch. And actually, until this past year, I didnt really like wine. My dad however, loves wine. I would definitely say he is a wine connoisseur...or at least he's learning to be. Growing up, my dad was always very, very good about taking my brother out on daddy date nights. Whenever he'd take me to a nice restaurant and order a glass of wine, I'd think one day I can order one with him. As a teen, I'd see my dad with a glass of red wine and think to myself one day I'll sit with him and have a glass of wine. In the mean time, I would grab my trusty bottle of Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice from the fridge and play pretend. So, when I turned 21 I was all sorts of excited to finally be able to be a daddy's girl and enjoy a glass of wine, not Welch's finest with my dad. One problem: I hated wine.

Now, if you havent picked this up from my blog in the past or if you dont know me well enough in person to know this, you dont tell me that I cant do something. So when my taste buds were pretty much saying yeah sorry, that dream of wine with your daddy, so not gonna happen...keep on with the grape juice you dreamer I forced it. I hear you laughing...yes I forced myself to like wine. I tried whites, reds, pinks, bubbly kind, fancy kind, cheap kind {oh yeah, I totally Boones Farmed it up for a while!} until finally I found one! It was a sparkling white that was like, insanely sweet. Once I found that one, I then found a local winery with a blackberry wine I couldnt get enough of and then from there, a really really expensive one I had with my dad. But I still didnt have "my wine". I didnt have a bottle in my pantry or an "oh, I recommend..." wine. And then it happened. I found the most amazing wine and I found it totally by the sheer genius of marketing. I was standing in the wine aisle staring at the bazillion different labels and this happy little one danced in front of me and jumped in my cart. Seriously, I saw the name cupcake and the happy little cupcake logo and the next thing I new, a Petite Sirah was in my cart.


"You're picking one because the label is cute?" Andrew asked in complete awe and with a slight smile pulling at the corner of his lips. Yes internet, he was mocking me...laughter was all but busting out of him when I rolled away in our squeaky cart and a bottle of wine that I picked because the label was pretty.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I totally pick wines by how pretty or cool the label is! It's a legit method for choosing wine!

    ReplyDelete