Thursday, June 17, 2010

Carey and Jeff: The Wedding

Humidity and rain hung in the air. Everything seemed to move so much slower than usual, even the trees seemed to be swaying in the wind as if they were following a conductor instructing the moonlight sonata. But from the moment I opened the door to the bridal room, the rain, the wind, the humidity, suddenly it all seemed to fade away like a far off memory.

Have you ever met one of those personalities that screamed joyful? Sadly, I'm not usually one of them...in fact, numerous of my friends have told me that when they first met me, they thought I was a snob. Awesome right? That's just the first impression I want to leave, sheesh people! But for Carey, her joyful sunny nature just seems to come naturally. She's always smiling, always laughing, always dancing and full of emotion. She simply radiates light!

Being a wedding photographer brings some intense emotions. It's not something that I noticed heavily advertised on photography blogs, but as I go through a wedding, trailing the bride throughout her special day, watching her experience everything for the very first time...I get swept away. I experience the emotions right along with her. As her father comes into the bridal room to see her as his just one last time...as she twirls for him and asks if she looks pretty, my eyes well up as theirs do. As she takes a deep breath moments before she sees her groom for the very first time, my heart flutters right along with hers.

So, Carey and Jeff, as you're beginning your new life together, thank you. Thank you for all the emotions, the memories, the love, the crazy dance offs, the amazing wedding cake, and for reminding me of all the reasons why I do what I do. Thank you. We wish you two all the best...and your kids are going to have some killer dance moves!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Jeff's here" one of her bridesmaids exclaimed. Carey couldnt hold her excitement, she just had to peek at her future groom walking into the church. So sweet!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, when Carey turned around to begin her first dance with her husband, he surprised her with a song complete with choreography. Her reaction, priceless!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments:

  1. These photos are awesome!

    Jenna Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey! You are the picture perfect bride! Seriously, I cried! These photos capture the very meaning of love; silly, caring, emotional, just perfection! Love you,
    Kaitlyn Akos

    ReplyDelete