Monday, June 7, 2010

Lauren and Shay: The Wedding

Theres a section in my bridal questionnaire where I ask about a story. It's a story of love, of fate, of two people coming together and the world stopping for a moment. The stories are always different - I have yet to read one story like another. These stories are what breathe life into my business. It's what helps me understand just how I'm going to capture two people in love with my camera. And it's one of my favorite things about being a wedding photographer.

Lauren and I first met at our very first Bridal Faire. It was a crazy overwhelming experience being in a room full of amazing wedding vendors and trying to stand out and grab your bride's attention. In all honesty, I left that experience vowing I would never attend a show as a vendor again and that I doubt one bride was going to remember me out of the slew. Little did I know that I was wrong. I went into the show experience asking that God allow us two brides...that was all I wanted. I thought if I at least could meet and develop a relationship with two, it would have made the show worth it. The funny ways that God works, we were given more than two great relationships. But Lauren was my first!

When Lauren contacted me after the show, I waited in eager anticipation for her story. And her story? Well, it brought me to tears. I remember after I read it, I ran to Andrew and gave him the biggest hug I could muster.

Lauren and Shay could not be more opposite. Shay enjoys the woods, hunting, getting dirty and wearing camo and boots. Lauren prefers the hunt of shopping and a good pair of heels and her heart swoons for a beautiful set of pearls. While opposites they may be, they fell head over heels {and boots} for one another. As the two grew closer and their love began to bloom, Shay discovered that he had a brain tumor. After intensive surgery and recovery, Shay proposed to Lauren as he realizing that life is short and precious and that he wanted to spend every moment of it with her.

So, on the white sands of the beautiful beaches in Destin, Lauren and Shay sealed their love for one another in front of their friends and family. Lauren, Shay, thank you two so much for the opportunity to share in your story. And thank you for the lesson that life is short and precious and to be thankful for every moment. Enjoy the moments!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bride and gorgeous pictures!

    -Meghan R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those Peones I see???

    ajb

    ReplyDelete