Monday, November 29, 2010

Home Alone

I'm sure everyone has seen Home Alone. If you havent, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it - you're un-American! But that kid is seriously my hero. Growing up, my dad went out of town alot on TDYs. If you're a military brat like I am, you know that was grown up speak for "dad goes out of town for x amount of time and brings home presents." I hated it when my dad went out of town. Not that I'm dissing my mom but I just didnt feel as safe when my dad was away. Usually, I would have nightmares when we was gone or lay in bed at night listening to the house creak scared out of my mind. Once I could have sworn someone was standing on the other side of my bed. I was terrified to roll over and see for myself - I literally laid there thinking I was going to die. But, like all kids, I had a pretty overactive imagination.

As an adult I still probably have a fairly overactive imagination...but I'm not usually home alone often so I'm generally not given the chance to think that someone is trying to crawl down the chimney or squeeze in through the bathroom window. But when I am, I suddenly wish I had superhuman strength or some insane butt kicking ability to protect myself...and my little dog too! I go to some crazy lengths to ensure that if some crazy person tried to break in, I'd have my Home Alone style defense system ready. Andrew is convinced I just need a really big dog - to which I dont object. But until that big dog {whose name will be Oz} makes his appearance in our home, Kevin is my hero.



Dwell in Possibility....
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment