Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Favorite Things: Candy Corn

I've been a pretty lame person these past few days. Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I think I was kin to a slug, or a sloth, or something equally as slow. I don't want to do anything. It takes a great deal just to convince myself to put on anything other than work out clothing, because really, spandex stretchy pants are just so darn comfortable! In part, I'd like to blame the weather. It's not quite cold, it's not quite stormy, it's not quite hot and not quite, well...pleasant in the slightest. And as much as I'd like to say I'm above weather induced moodiness - I'm totally not. I'm also going to blame the Halloween candy that's taunting me. Really, how can you come out of a gym only to see leftover candy corn in a bucket in the pantry and not be a little irked!

So, today's favorite thing is an ode to all things Halloween. Candy corn! Once a year, I buy one bag of candy corn in October. Usually it'll last me till early December but it makes me feel like I'm five again wearing my Dorothy dress and glittery shoes. There's just something about eating candy shaped as a tri-colored corn that makes me just a tiny bit sentimental.

Photobucket

As Andrew and I stood in line, me clutching my bag of candied goodness, I sighed and stated that I loved candy corn. Andrew then shattered all fall cheer by stating that he hated candy corn. The corn and pumpkin shaped candy goodness hating scrooge! I then shielded my candy corn from him as if he had hurt the little bags feelings and added that to the list of things that Andrew will one day love. Number one: Monopoly. Number two: Candy Corn.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment: