Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Men Are From Mars

I play a lot of Halo. Now, to preface, Andrew likes to play Halo and therefore, I began to learn to play Halo so I could participate instead of sit next to him with a book for a few hours. So, it's safe to say that I play a lot of Halo with my husband. One of the funny things about being in that world for a few hours every night or so is that I get a really funny glimpse into the world of my husbands friends. Since they all play online together, I get to know a little more about them on a fairly regular basis. They talk smack, they give each other weird names, and they make fun of each other non-stop. Literally...NON-STOP.

As I laughed hysterically along with a few of Andrew's friends from work and watched my score dwindle down into single digits, I started to realize one of the things Andrew gets picked on the most for. At first I pouted and wanted to defend him until I realized that this is like some strange twisted version of guy bonding and they love it. Two things I learned create a target on my husbands back:

1. Smallville - apparently in my husbands world, the fact that Andrew enjoys watching this with me warrants losing a man card or means that your wife is in charge of your manhood.
2. Fixing a Toilet - in my mind, this would kinda make you "me man, you woman" type manly in the guy realm...not the case. It seems that declaring you fixed your first toilet would mean that you use it way to much in the first place if you broke it.

Guys are strange. They enjoy making fun of each other and they enjoy getting made fun of. All I know, my husband loves me. He loves me and he loves getting made fun of for that fact. He loves me enough to sit around for hours watching Smallville marathons when really, he should be sleeping. He loves me enough to come home from work and fix a toilet instead of eat dinner. My husband loves me...Smallville marathons, float wands and all.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment