Monday, November 15, 2010

Most Horrible Sister Award

So, I definitely have just secured my place in the hall of fame in the category of worlds worst sister. My little brother’s 20 birthday was last week and I had prepped this cute little blog post…and then I went and told it to post on the wrong date. Yes, right there ladies and gentlemen deserves the noble prize of pathetic. So, instead of this posting on the 5th of November like it should have, it was set to post on the 15th. And to top it off internet, I didnt realize it until this morning. Fail.

November the 5th was my brother’s 20th birthday. As I sat down looking through photos on my hard drive attempting to pull together and good representation of our relationship, I took a trip down memory lane. My brother and I never really did get along very much growing up. I look at families that have these amazing sibling bonds and I just think of how often Ryan and I fought like crazy. He and his friends would break my favorite horse, I would manipulate my way and get him in trouble for pinching me. I would pinch him till I left a mark and he would make me so angry I would nearly explode. But while the majority of our history together revolves around some sort of argument or severe dislike...he's still my little brother. He's the little brother that I made kiss the next door neighbor, promising that I wouldnt peak - and then I proceeded to make fun of him for the rest of the day. He's the little brother that rolled down muddy castle hills in England with me till we couldnt see straight. He slid down snowy slopes in Washington resembling a mini Michelin man rather than a little boy. We splashed around in buckets in the tub together until we realized that it's just gross to take baths with your siblings.

Now he's 20....sounds so weird to say that because honestly, it feels like I was just turning 20. So, while it's super super late and I'm officially the worst sister ever, Happy Birthday Ryan. And that Christmas tree incident...yeah, that was totally all your fault.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment