Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Favorite Things: The Truth Project

I've re-written this post three times now. The first draft I wrote about five paragraphs. The second draft, only one. I'm still on the fence wondering if I should have put more of my heart out there in this post but I really want to let God speak rather than myself.

There are times in life when I go through ruts. Okay, so there are a lot of times in life when I go through ruts. Sadly, the ruts are self inflicted and I'm left pondering my guilt and punishing myself for being so well, to put it bluntly, lukewarm. While I would love to say that I wake up every morning and spend an hour in the word with my Father, I would be lying if I tried to say that. Someone once told me that church on Sunday's isnt supposed to be your main "meal". Church on Sunday should be that weekend splurge of going out to eat but that your main every day meals, the ones that keep you nourished, should be in your personal times with the Lord. Admittedly, I've been starving. Excuses pile up and I wind up looking at them in shame. Luckily, our Savior isnt about guilt and shame, pass or fail. He's about the relationship.

Photobucket
The Truth Project has become one of the main tools in my walk with the Lord lately. I've hit a rut of laziness in my walk and these videos and the truth of the Word of God are pulling me through. It's challenging everything about what I believe. It's breaking me down to the very core of my beliefs and verifying that what I believe is TRUTH. If you've never heard of the series, I would strongly suggest you find them on youtube or visit your church office and ask if you can buy them or rent them from your church library. They are some of the toughest, hard hitting, mind altering, preconceived notion shattering videos I've every watched. {Like how many descriptive words I used there?} So, while you may feel like your head is a spinning top after this, Our Favorite Thing? The Truth Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment