Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I dont usually make it well known when Andrew is away. It's something my dad always ingrained in my head "dont give people a chance to know something they shouldnt" or something along those lines...my memory, not the greatest on exact wordage. Ever since I can remember I've been told to be careful what I post online or what I tell strangers. Growing up, we even had a safe word that if someone were to come up to my brother and I, we knew that if they didnt say that safe word, they werent allowed to take us anywhere. So, Andrew had actually been out of town for two weeks, and while I wanted to say how lonely I was and how freaked out I got and how I realize that my house makes super strange noises when it's just me and Garland at midnight, *safe word* I kept quite. Okay, so I may have hinted at it just a little.

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you probably noted that my wonderful husband surprised me by coming home a day early. Extra brownie points and make out sessions for him! Yes, I went there. Oh, and did I mention he brought CUPCAKES?! I wasnt entirely sure who I was happier to see - I kid, I kid. That was Friday night. And Saturday, oh, I had major plans for Saturday.

I had the most adorable outfit picked out to pick Andrew up from the airport, my hair was looking amazing from the amazing hair abilities of Mrs. Hannah at Image Makers {mini shout out!} I had the movie times ready, dinner plans at Bonefish and even better plans for Sunday after church with a cozy date on the beach with a blanket and some coffee and sushi for dinner. Well, as they say, best laid plans and good intentions...right? When Andrew got home early, I was unshowered, sloppy, in over-sized clothing layered like an abominable snowman because, um, it's freezing in my house. I had no makeup on and I'm pretty sure I looked like the swamp thing. There went the look cute for husband plan. The next day was disrupted by being sick. Highly contagious sick...oh, and I threw out my back taking off a boot. Yes folks, all the personal training and boot camp classes I do and I threw out my back while taking off a shoe. And with that, all other plans went out the window.

So, Andrew made me new plans...We've been sitting around watching Smallville since Saturday. I'm to stay immobile as long as possible to ensure that my back feels 100% by Saturday for Kelli and Mike's wedding. And he's been taking care of everything else. Other than going through withdraws of being around the general public and being able to go to the gym, my best laid plans arent missed as much as I'd originally thought. Perpetual snuggle time with Andrew and Garland and no house work...I'm pretty good with the new plan!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment