Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kelli and Mike: The Wedding

I'm a sucker for watching men cry. Something about the way they lose control over their emotions when they see their bride for the first time makes me weak in the knees. In the words of Mike's father, he comes from a family of criers. However true that may be, seeing tears well up in Mike's eyes as he reached for his bride and held her tight was one of the most romantic things he could have done. Mike, if you recall, I told you that I was looking forward so, so much to seeing your reaction to seeing Kelli for the first time. Both of you were so excited about having a first look and I seriously wanted to bounce up and down when you gave us that opportunity. Your face, your tears, your smile, your grip on your bride...you and Kelli have a beautiful future ahead of you.

The air was cold...you could feel the anticipation. As soon as I stepped foot onto the stairs, I felt as if the whole world was waiting, that collectively, we were all holding our breaths. I had to remind myself to slow down...to breathe. I looked back at Kelli, whose hazel eyes searched mine for some sign that Mike was ready. Breathe I mouthed to her as I smiled and nodded. She picked up her dress and took a step up the stairs. As Kelli and Mike held each other, the only sound at that moment was the click of my camera...the world around them was still as their tears fell. I'm sure the air was still cold, but the a loving warmth had replaced the anticipation. Kelli's dad held her mother tight as they watched their little girl in the arms of the man she loved.

Kelli, Mike, Andrew and I have had the great pleasure of following you along your wedding day journey. From engagement to bridal to watching your families give you both away, we've been captivated by your dynamic...your dynamic together, the dynamic of your family, and your dynamic with Andrew and myself. It isnt very often we get to invest so much and get so much back in return...your family has made us feel so, so welcome and loved. Congratulations you two...we love you both and wish you all the best in your future together. And remember, if you get an empty fortune cookie, it's totally because you make your own fortune.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! And hello beautiful bride!!!!
    -shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are just awesome. I think I have probably said that a million times by now, but it is true! I love all these pictures, and I can't wait to see the rest!!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete