Thursday, July 8, 2010

Drowning

I see it all the time...things that I wish I could be, things I wish I could do, things that I aspire to, people that have "made it". I get discouraged. I find myself drowning in thoughts of what isnt. I say drowning because it feels like fighting a current that's dragging you down. Everything within you wants to just stop fighting...to close your eyes and let the water wash over you and pull you wherever it may. Some days you just want to give up and let it be.

Not all posts are happy. I write blogs all the time that I'm tempted to post and instead, I delete them. Photographers arent meant to be sad. They arent supposed to have bad days or be discouraged. They're supposed to be professional, driven, always pushing themselves to learn more, do more, be more. But I'm not just a photographer...and I have to remind myself of that. Photography is what I do...it's not who I am, it doesnt define me.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, well let me be honest here, and say I wish I were in your shoes! I see this amazing photography business you have started from the ground up and am discouraged that I can't get my act together to start my PR business! But you have been an inspiration to me, another 20-something pursuing their dreams of being their own boss, and doing what they love. So, the next time you look at someone else and think "I wish I could do that..." remember that others think that of you as well!

    ReplyDelete