Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our Favorite Things: Aloe

It's July! I'm not really a summer fan; I'd much rather live year round in Fall and Spring {grass is always greener right?} July's in Florida are usually pretty miserable...usually. There's generally a hurricane or two, insane heat and humidity, the roads get extremely crowded...and so on and so forth. But instead of assuming this July is going to be hot and miserable, I opted on launching a new blog segment. You know, to keep things interesting! So these segments are pretty simple: I talk about one of our favorite things! I know, simple right?

If you've ever received a letter from us, or a gift or a packaged DVD, you know that we close everything up with antique red wax and a customized seal. It's something we like to do because of how intoxicated I am by letter writing. I love old ink, papers, hot wax as it melts over the envelope...I just love it and when making our brand, it was something I wasnt willing to give up. So, as I packaged up a few DVDs, I melted the wax as the smell filled the office. And then it happened. I dropped a nice dime sized amount onto my middle finger. If you've ever had a flaming hot drop of wax on your skin, you'd know you cant rub it off cause it makes it worse. And I couldnt run to find a tissue because I was still holding the melting wax stick in my hand. So I sat there. Very painfully, I sat there moaning and biting my lip as I waited for the wax to dry. Once it dried, I started at the task of peeling the wax off my finger...yeah, that felt pretty.

In light of my stupidity...enter the Aloe Vera plant! This stuff is amazing! I dont know if it's actually a remedy for wax burns so dont quote me on it. But I've had a nice little strip of it between my welting finger and a band aid. So, aside from a nasty welt that seems to keep getting grosser, this has been my best friend for the past two days.
aloe vera plant leaf Pictures, Images and Photos

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment