Thursday, July 29, 2010

Otter Day

Two blogs in one day? What is this world coming to!!

Yesterday was my birthday...if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you'd have known that I randomly updated some things...weird things. You see, my father and I - well, we're a bit odd.

Photobucket

I mean, he's more odd then me, I mean sheesh, I'm totally normal next to him.

Photobucket

For my birthday this year, my dad and Andrew came to an agreement that on the actual day of my birth, my dad was going to kidnap me at 11am. That was all I knew. Oh, and I knew that my mom told me to wear a sundress. Really mother, a sundress, was this all you could have told me? So, at 11am, I was ready in my sundress.

Now, in order for this to make any sort of semblance of sense to anyone, you have to realize, I'm a 5 year old. If it makes a 5 year old happy, it's gonna make me happy. You also have to realize that my dad and I, we're both otters. You know that personality test you can take? Well, my dad and I are otters. We both have other results mixed in there...like my freakish result of a Lion/Beaver tied as my primary and Otter as my secondary. But with my dad, I'm 100% otter. We have ottery things that we do...like we both have two stuffed otters that we carry around. His goes on business trips with him and mine sits in my office reminding me that however crazy my Lion/Beaver self gets, my Otter self can make everything better.

So, back to 11am in my sundress. At 11am, we began otter day. Otter's like to eat...anything really but they like to eat a lot. So we had bagels...yummy amazing bagels while we made fun of people that walked passed. Hey, otter's arent necessarily the nicest bunch! Then back in my dad's shiny new Camero, which, by the way, otters love shiny things, and off we went. Our destination? I had no clue. So, 25 minutes later....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Gulfarium! I havent been here since I was home-schooled! And why were we there? Well, among the other aquatic animals they have OTTERS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, with my otter named Doug, and a day full of ottery goodness, I came home full, of life, of otters, of love, and of Mexican food and chocolate cake. I looked at Andrew later that evening and smiled and extremely tired smile. "We didnt do anything together today..." then I yawned as he gave me a hug, "We'll fix that tomorrow...I'm full."

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

3 comments:

  1. Where is Doug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you Cassie! What a great little recap for us all.... puts a smile on my face!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dad.. what an awesome guy! wonderful memories are the best present any girl can ask for.

    ReplyDelete