Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bump On The Head

I sat on the carpet trying to regain my sense of direction. I'm holding my phone and my glass of peach and raspberry smoothie...the remote was on the floor...how did the remote get on the floor? How did I get on the floor? Oh yeah, I sat down. My hand was pressed to my forehead, why was my hand pressed to my forehead? Oh yeah, I was afraid I was bleeding. Am I bleeding? No, I'm not bleeding. Holy Crap that hurt! Stupid door, stupid curtains.

I carry on an inner monologue on most days. I dont know if that's normal but it gets me through the day. That was yesterday's monologue around 5pm. You see, I rammed my head into the corner of our sliding glass door. Still in my sweaty gym clothes, with a ice cold glass filled with my newly made smoothie pressed against my head, I laid on the floor finding this all slightly ironic. You see, I had planned this week to be full of learning. I knew my head would be hurting my the end of the week, full of tons of ideas and perspective. I didnt think I'd be starting of the week with an actual bump that was actually swelling that was actually making my head scream in pain.

So, as I smother my forehead in concealer, the week begins. First up is Live with Lara. Funny story, I worked with Lara briefly in college. I was a junior trying to figure out exactly what I planned on doing with my education and an opportunity for an internship in Gulf Breeze with her and her team opened up. Looking back, I wish I had realized just how much that internship should have meant and just how much I could have learned and relationships I could have formed. But I was young and never once imagined that four years later I'd be here now. So, live and learn, and then learn some more.

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Sounded like it HURT.....OUCH!

    ~Bwdlake~

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY hurt! Would not recommend running into doors anytime in the near future :0)

    ReplyDelete