Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vows

I am probably every teachers worst nightmare. I question everything, I reject things without much cause if they're pushed at me too hard. You have to show me by example, I learn by doing and I'm stubborn to the core. So it always amazes me when the Lord takes a common theme and threads it through the entirety of my life. Silly little girl that I am, I'm always shocked when I look back and see His gentle coaxing into a direction or into learning something. I cannot possibly be that stubborn that He cant just put something in my face to see...can I?

There's a section from the book of Ruth that is often used in wedding vows. This past weekend I had the opportunity to share in the renewal of vows for one of my closest friends parents. As I stood on the white windy beach allowing the sand to squish in between my toes, I breathed in the moment. I was going to be documenting a very small, very personal ceremony. The pale pinks and oranges, even the gloomy storm gray blue skies that were threatening to force us indoors all added to the nostalgia that radiated from the day.

"Where you go, I will go and where you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die, I will die and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Between the clicks of my camera, I fought off tears. Here stood a couple committed to one another. Thirty years of marriage, a tremendous amount of life and love, hardships and growth and here they stood on a beach staring into one another eyes reciting the same vows they pledged to one another so many years ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

1 comment: