Monday, August 9, 2010

Jocelyn and Ceci: Kiddos

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."

Andrew is the middle child. That right there answers a lot about his personality; he has one older sister and one younger brother. During some of those awkward moments in our dating life and early married bliss, he would say "it's okay, I have a sister" like that set the world rotating in the right direction again. The closest thing that I've ever had to a sister was Megan. So when Andrew and I got married, it was incredibly strange to me to think that I have a sister. Brother's I understood, I have one of those, but sister? That was an entirely different matter.

So, when Andrew's sister came back into town to visit for a bit and she asked for some pictures, I figured it would be not only a good way to do something that I do well for her, but also a good way to answer that question that I kept asking myself. The more I asked it, the more complicated it became. But as I was shooting my nieces, the answer became super simple: do it until you dont. I know, kinda riddle-me-this-Batman-like huh? But seriously, it seems like such a no-brainer answer to me now. Just shoot. If one day I like it and the next day I dont, then I'm no worse for wear.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and it's giveaway time! For anyone who, on their honor, can tell me who said the quote mentioned above, without searching on Google or through books gets a free iTunes gift card! Post your answer in the comments with your mailing address and the first person to get it right wins the musical goodness!

Dwell in Possibility...
Cassie

4 comments:

  1. Great photos and the quote is from "Looking Tall by Standing Next to Short People, And Other Techniques for Managing a Law Firm" by Dr. Suess. I ran to buy this book because (1) He's one of my favoite authors (2) I always am short compared to Lori & Jeana (3) I am a paralegal so I wanted to see what profound thought this man had about law firms. While working in the corporate world, it's become my mantra and has often kept me sane while sitting through endless meetings. : ) Again, fabulous photos! You are truely gifted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it Alison! What's your address and I'll send you the iTunes gift card.

    ReplyDelete